Rafael Holdings, Inc., (NYSE: RFL) is a fast-growing company focused on the discovery and development of novel oncological therapeutics to improve and extend the lives of patients through a wholly-owned and controlled portfolio of companies. With multiple clinical programs ongoing including two Phase 3 trials, this is an exciting time to join Rafael.
As we continue to transition from a clinical-stage company toward a commercial enterprise, we seek a Chief Business Officer with executive level business development experience to be an integral part of this transformation.
Rafael is led by a proven and growing team, and has a pipeline of drug candidates with clinical data readouts expected in 2021 and beyond. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Business Officer will work closely with the CEO to drive the growth and shape the strategy and direction of the Company. The CBO will establish business development strategies, build connections with global industries and academic partners, and achieve business development transactions, including in licensing and out licensing, as well as partnerships, and research collaborations. The CBO will be an integral member of the executive management team and will serve as the voice of the business in the life sciences market and who works with the team to lead Rafael into its next phase of growth.
- Work with senior management and internal stakeholders to establish and refine worldwide business development and portfolio strategy.
- Search and identify technologies and potential partners in accordance with Rafael’s business development strategy, establish and maintain strong business development relationships with pharmaceuticals companies, academic leaders, and industry key opinion leaders.
- Set targets for potential deals, initialize analysis and evaluation of business opportunities, including key deal drivers, risks, and opportunities.
- Oversee the entire process of business development, coordinate due diligence, facilitate internal and external communication, lead the negotiations, and manage existing alliances.
- Structure, negotiate and finalize transactions, and hands-on alliance management throughout the duration of the collaboration on a needed basis.
- Major in a life science discipline with an advanced degree required.
- 10+ years of global oncology business development experience in pharma/biotech industry. Experience working on business development, corporate strategy, commercial planning, and/or capital investment.
- Proven record in business development, with experience of closing complex, high-quality transactions.
- Proficient in: competitive intelligence, financial evaluation, and corporate/business/transactional operations.
- Significant experience with oncology therapeutics
- Strong interpersonal skills that include excellent skills in written communication, oral communication, collaboration, and problem solving with other departments and colleagues.
What You’ll Get
- To be a part a growing company and fantastic team passionate about developing novel drug therapies to improve people’s lives.
- Opportunities to learn and contribute to creative solutions.
- Competitive compensation package including long-term incentives.
- Comprehensive health insurance (highly subsidized cost sharing on all medical plans).
- Flexible time off policy and holidays.
- Multi-cultural work environment.
Rafael celebrates and supports our differences and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Rafael is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com